Friday, June 8, 2012

New Sewing Box

Ok. Prepare for Extreme Sewing Nerdiness...

This is what I was using for my portable sewing kit that I kept my stuff in for teaching classes and generally corralling my tools- a pencil case from Staples.


Meanwhile, while teaching, I have witnessed a parade of super-cute hinged tins and other adorable boxes that folks use to contain and tote their sewing supplies.

I decided it was high time to liberate my inner Sewing Nerd. After a trip to Michael's, the hardware store and my Stash, here's what I came up with...






Yes, it all fits in the box.


Melody Miller scraps!




3 comments:

karyn said...

what!! how awesome. can't wait to see this in person.

Kallisti Quilts said...

You do not wear glasses! Do you?!! Do you glare over the top of them at your students like my mother, the librarian, does? That would be a new look for you.

Johanna Masko said...

to KQ-
Yep, I have to wear glasses when I sew. Those stitches and needle eyes are small! I like the cheap-o readers from Michaels for $3.99. I have a designated pair in the Frame Shop for when I'm stretching needlework.